December 14, 2012

and we still have half birthdays

It seems, that even at 6 (and a half), half birthdays and half birthday cakes are still very important. On the actual day we got a little caught up in making salt dough tags and peppermint bark and the cake got forgotten (by me, at least) so yesterday a cake was made, and decorated (SPRINKLES! also very important) and almost entirely eaten.

This time around I used this cake recipe, although I upped the bananas to 4 large ones, reduced the oil to 1/2 cup and the sugar to 2 cups. Frosting wise I tried this which is very weird to make, but tastes amazing. But really, a roux in frosting? Weird. But also, again, really really yummy.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that ten and a half will warrant a cake still as well. And why not? Who doesn't love cake?