Friday, March 14, 2014

hello from the other coast


Yes, the other coast. We're on the other side of the country. Almost as far from Vermont as we could get and still be in the continental US.

We moved.

Yes, I know, it's crazy and out of the blue and....crazy.

I love Vermont. We loved Vermont. We loved the small town and our friends and I loved my job and the kids loved the school, and we even loved the snow. But for many reasons, the greatest of which was Will's long and terrible commute, when the chance came to move, and not just move but move home, to Portland, where the commutes were short (and by bike!) and we had friends and much closer family, and where we have never quite gotten over leaving...it was too good to pass up. So, in the middle of the worst winter ever and with three feet of snow on the ground we loaded a moving truck (with a sled part of the time) and packed up our car and drove all the way across the country to our new home. So now we are here.

Home.

It doesn't hurt that it's spring here either

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's a REALLY good reason to be gone for so long!!! Welcome back and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't believe it! I was wondering where you were, but figured you guys were just busy.

    We moved from Maine the end of October back "home" to North Carolina, and though it is good to be back with family, it broke my heart to leave Maine...I loved it there...it seemed like home to me. But my husband wasn't a fan of the winters, and I couldn't blame him for that, as I got to stay in and watch the snow falling while he had to get out in it every day.

    So glad you're home! Hope it's not as hot there this summer as it will be where I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I'm a Charlottesvillian follower....it seemed as though your blogging days were finished so I'm glad to see this. Looking forward to hearing about Portland and wondering how in the world you managed to leave Vermont with what sounds like relative ease. Too much snow. Too much snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you were able to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gillian! What a surprise! I love Portland and didn't expect to see you there when I looked you up today.

    Your old Cville home is on the market and the fact that the Instagrammmer who posted a picture of your kitchen lockers (they are yours in my mind!) didn't recognize the place made me realize that it's been quite some time since you were in the Ville. I'm reading back to catch up and am loving that I'm catching you at the start of another adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...