October 21, 2011

snippits of the week

Windy days. Rainy days, Cold and sunny days. At least the weather is feeling fall-ish around here. And Since it's feeling like fall and I've been missing fall, I went looking for fall.

It's there. You just have to look.

We bought a bag of apples and cooked up a pot of applesauce yesterday afternoon for our afterschool snack (thanks for the idea Sara!). Delicious. We ate every speck.

Bad day for umbrellas. After I took that picture another was added to the heap. This is why I like raincoats!

We're expanding on our watercolor project from a few weeks ago and are now doing watercolor and oil pastels together. Ahem. I mean, mixed media.
These little birds spend hours cleaning themselves in the puddles of the playgarden. I can't help but imagine it as a ladies dressing room at the gym. They sit there, flicking their wings and chirping at each other, preening, grooming, singing. Have a happy weekend!