February 1, 2011

I laughed, I cried, I spit out my coffee

I am a Portland Girl. I wasn't born there (California, but NORTHERN. Way north. State of Jefferson north, so that's practically like being born in Oregon) and I may live in Virginia now, but Portland is home. So when Jeannine at Small and Chic in Cville posted this yesterday, well, I had to watch. Which led me to the Portlandia page on Hulu where I saw this, and this (and so many more clips I can't even link them all). And it just might be the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. Particularly because, well, it's true people. Those people, they exist. They really do. So if you need a giggle, give it a watch. It'll be funny even if you aren't an Oregonian.
So I just wanted to say thanks, both to Jeannine and to Fred Armisen, who normally creeps me out on SNL but whom I now love love love. You made my day.

PS, I'm feeling a little homesick now. Maybe it will rain later today and I"ll feel better (I know, I'm weird, what can I say, I'm a Portlander!)