October 25, 2010

One Thing

Happy Monday my friends! I hope everyone had a lovely and relaxing weekend. I didn't quite get that weekend of nothing, but I did get some nice cozy cuddles from my kiddos, a preview into next weekend with our downtown Halloween Festival (too much candy already!), some good knitting time in and a quiet Sunday evening with a cup of tea and Mystery on TV so, you know, not bad. Not bad at all.
This Friday we are hosting our annual pumpkin carving party. It started as a way to get to know a few neighbors shortly after we moved in four years ago and has grown to, um, king of a big old shindig. I love it. It's probably one of my favorite days of the year. I get to make all sorts of foods, often from recipes I've had bookmarked for a while and have just been looking for a reason to try. (Like this or this or this - because I have an ice cream maker now - wheee! Or maybe something totally different). Pumpkins get carved, although generally ours get forgotten, friends we haven't seen for a while stop by, kids run around screaming. It's my kind of evening.

It's also the only time during the year that I buy Velveeta (because everyone loves grilled Velveeta sandwiches, even people who would never admit to it :))

I'm sure that later in the week I'll get into a dither about the party. Worry about having enough food or drinks or knives (interesting combination, I know, but it works for us) decide that something or other must be done before people come, despite the fact that most of the people who are coming have been here plenty of times, clean too much, sleep too little. But for now I'm just enjoying looking through recipes, thinking about the fun ahead. So this week my one thing is to continue that. To enjoy the week ahead pick the recipes to make, decorate for Halloween just a little more and finish Briton's costume, (er, I mean start and finish Briton's costume).
How about you? What are you up to this week? Doing anything special for Halloween?

**P.S. Can I just say my boy is a chip off the old crafty block! Since we didn't have his costume ready when we realized the festival was already underway he came up with that golfer get-up all on his own and in a matter of minutes. That's my boy!

One Thing
A new Monday habit. Share the one thing that you want to do this week, just for you. Click to enter below and link back to your blog so we can see all the fun things you do!
So, what will you be up to this week?