March 18, 2011

thanks

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words yesterday. I can't tell you what a boost they gave me! It's so wonderful to have a supportive community around you when big changes happen. We still, obviously, have a lot of planning to do and I'll keep you up to date with anything fun here and will also keep up my normal posting as well. And don't worry, I'll keep blogging from the city. I'm sure I'll have lots and lots of stories, like, how Rhode Island turns out.

In the meantime, we are chugging along with out week and enjoying this beautiful, sunny weather. And I'm feeling pretty lucky to have a family that's up for adventure. So here are a few happy moments to round out the week.
Newsprint and Mr. Sketch markers (the flavored kind) make dinner, and breakfast and homework and piano practice just a little more fun.

Briton, who is reading From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankwiler with me, thinks it would be pretty cool to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but only if we can all go, he has no interest in running away.

This is a freaking genius way of using big spools of thread on a regular sewing machine. Duh, why didn't I think of that. I've had a few sitting around ever since I lost my serger in the great basement flood.

Evie, thinks scrubbing baseboard with a dish brush is great fun. My trim has never looked so clean. I should be worried that she enjoys it so much, but for now, I'm just going to take advantage of it. :)
Cupcakes make bad days at school better, even when you have lost your entire research project and you have to start again. (poor kid:( )
Hamantash. Evie came home from school Monday talking non stop about hamantash and how she wanted to make some. I couldn't figure out what the heck she was talking about but typed it into google (thank goodness for google) and presto, recipe. (They are a dessert for Purim) Perfect for little hands and a big hit with the older brother.

It's going to be 80 degrees today. Yay! My garden will be so happy!