November 9, 2012

yellow

The pew I bought a few months ago has been sitting up to our dining room table in it's half spray painted brown state ever since I brought I home. Much as I disliked the brown splattered white look, I couldn't decide what color to paint it. So it sat while we stacked wood and painted the book nook and did plenty of other little jobs around the house.
But this weekend, with nothing particular to do on our list and dropping temps outside, I decided to try yellow.
I'm not totally sold. I like it, a lot actually, but I'm not sure I like it with the black chairs. Or maybe it's the table. Hummm.
Right about the time that I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for the umpteenth coat to dry (cause it took a lot of them) on the pew, a package landed on our porch with some funky fabric I ordered for pillows. (Modeled here by the lovely Pebble) So by the end of the weekend, we were pillowed and yellow pewed and a little bit brighter and yellower.