December 20, 2010

One Thing



Five Days. Oh Dear. I'm usually closer to ready at this point. In fact, I'm usually done at this point other than some cookie baking and delivering to putter through in these last days. But this homemade gifts goal, well, whew, it's taking longer than I had thought. This year my eyes were too big for my fingers I think as I still have three knitted gifts to finish knitting, one sewing projects and two sets of slippers that still need bottoms sewn on. And four of those items need to be finished before tomorrow night when we do our Solstice Celebration. The funny thing is that I'm not stressed about it. It just means that there will be a lot of knitting and sewing and cozying up in my warm office where the heater vents seem to be the most efficient in the house. And that sounds a little divine.
Evelyn and I spent Thursday and Friday morning making English Toffee and Peppermint Bark to jar up out as gifts while Briton wandered around the neighborhood with his friends, sledding and staging snowball fights and who knows what else, returning home only reluctantly for food. Miss "I don't eat anything with any color or flavor in it" decided that she could make an exception for peppermint candies and I think she may have eaten more than she crushed for the candies. She also "Tested" the chocolate for the toffee while I was outside trying to coax Briton in for some lunch. Because, hey, what if it wasn't as good melted as it was solid?
There are still a few cookie type items to make and a glorious Christmas Eve Dinner to plan with some of our best friends. So even though this week is looking pretty busy, it's also looking pretty fun. Plus, it's going to snow again....
How about you? What is on your to-do list in these last days before Christmas? Something fun I hope!

One Thing
A Monday habit. Share the one thing that you want to do this week, just for you. Tell us what you are working on in the comments and link back to your blog so we can see all the fun things you do!

So, what will you be up to this week?